Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Thu August 9, 2012
Polling and Polarization, with Frank Newport: Editor-in-Chief at Gallup
In his many years analyzing American opinions, Frank Newport, Editor-in-Chief at Gallup, has noticed a growing and sharper political divide in this country, even for a nation that was founded on partisanship. We’ll talk about these trends, the demographic and cultural forces behind them, and why we still say we want compromise.
Dr. Frank Newport - Editor-in-Chief at Gallup. He has a weekly radio show called “What Are We Thinking?” and is the featured analyst on “Attitude Check,” a weekly broadcast on public radio’s “Marketplace.”
Frank Newport spoke yesterday at the Institute for Lifelong Education at Dartmouth (ILEAD) summer series called "Polarization: A Dangerously Divided America." Click here to learn more about it.