Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Thu August 9, 2012
Polling and Polarization, with Frank Newport: Editor-in-Chief at Gallup
In his many years analyzing American opinions, Frank Newport, Editor-in-Chief at Gallup, has noticed a growing and sharper political divide in this country, even for a nation that was founded on partisanship. We’ll talk about these trends, the demographic and cultural forces behind them, and why we still say we want compromise.
Dr. Frank Newport - Editor-in-Chief at Gallup. He has a weekly radio show called “What Are We Thinking?” and is the featured analyst on “Attitude Check,” a weekly broadcast on public radio’s “Marketplace.”
Frank Newport spoke yesterday at the Institute for Lifelong Education at Dartmouth (ILEAD) summer series called "Polarization: A Dangerously Divided America." Click here to learn more about it.