Most Active Stories
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- Keene Residents Discuss Riots, Weigh Future Of Pumpkin Festival
- ACA Open Enrollment Is Here...5 Tips For Shopping Your New Options
- As Snow Flies, N.H. Contemplates Using Less Salt
Word of Mouth - Segment
Thu March 15, 2012
A pond by any other name...
In his 2010 Comedy Central stand-up special, comedian Louis C.K. pondered a sometimes-epithet and the fine line between desciptor, and slur. Joking aside, C.K.’s take hits very close to home for the townspeople of Mont Vernon, New Hampshire, who, for the past several months, have been engaged in a fierce debate about whether or not a small local pond’s name on federal maps, “Jew Pond” is offensive, and whether the pond should get a new moniker.
All Things Considered