Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Fri July 5, 2013
Pop Culture Happy Hour: 'The Heat' Is On, So Come On Down
With apologies for an abbreviated post this week (I'm actually not at the office; I am invisible!), we bring you a show all about The Heat, the buddy comedy starring Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock, which — hey! — we really liked, along with much of the rest of the universe. We'll talk about the comedy, the weird idea that a hit starring these particular actresses is a "surprise" hit, the script that made us laugh, and lots more.
After that, we move on to perhaps the most highly specific topic we have ever covered in detail: The Price Is Right. Is Plinko really as bad as some of us believe it is? (Yes. Yes, it is.) Can the world ever have enough yodeling? Is all this just a salute to consumerism? And why does anyone ever lose at Ten Chances? (Spoiler alert: that last question makes Stephen very animated.)
And as always, we close with what's making us happy this week.