Most Active Stories
- Nor'Easter Leaves Thousands Of Granite Staters Without Power, Likely For Days
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- Hassan: Granite Staters Should Prepare For 'Days-Long' Outages
Tue December 3, 2013
Portsmouth Development Will Include A Whole Foods And 650 Parking Spaces
A developer based in Lewiston, Maine has plans to build a major new development that includes a Whole Foods in downtown Portsmouth.
Harborcorp LLC is planning the development with a community meeting space, an event center, 14 residential condos, and a small hotel in Portsmouth’s North End. That’s in addition to a Whole Foods store, and a 650 car parking garage. The project’s spokesman, Paul Young says he thinks the Whole Foods and parking facility will win public support.
We always hope that it will go smoothly and quickly and we have a great project.
Young says Harborcorp will begin meeting with Portsmouth’s Historic District Commission, Planning Board, and Economic Development Committee over the next few months.
The LLC’s previous plans to build a parking garage on the same site were stymied in 2007, when a Superior judge ruled the project wouldn’t sufficiently benefit the city.