Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Tue December 3, 2013
Portsmouth Development Will Include A Whole Foods And 650 Parking Spaces
A developer based in Lewiston, Maine has plans to build a major new development that includes a Whole Foods in downtown Portsmouth.
Harborcorp LLC is planning the development with a community meeting space, an event center, 14 residential condos, and a small hotel in Portsmouth’s North End. That’s in addition to a Whole Foods store, and a 650 car parking garage. The project’s spokesman, Paul Young says he thinks the Whole Foods and parking facility will win public support.
We always hope that it will go smoothly and quickly and we have a great project.
Young says Harborcorp will begin meeting with Portsmouth’s Historic District Commission, Planning Board, and Economic Development Committee over the next few months.
The LLC’s previous plans to build a parking garage on the same site were stymied in 2007, when a Superior judge ruled the project wouldn’t sufficiently benefit the city.