Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth - Segment
Thu February 16, 2012
The Post-Modern Mall
When you’ve got a few extra bucks burning a hole in that wallet, what better place to spend it than your local mall? These cavernous halls of commerce give us The Gaps, J-Crews, and Sunglass Huts we love so dearly. Ahhh, can you smell the Cinnabon?
But the recession has not been kind to American malls. And all those empty retail spaces are forcing some to re-shape their shopping experience. Here to fill us in on the repurposing of malls is New York Times reporter Stephanie Clifford.