Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
- From Gertrude Stein To Andy Warhol: Dramatic Readings Of Famous Rejection Letters
Word of Mouth - Segment
Thu February 16, 2012
The Post-Modern Mall
When you’ve got a few extra bucks burning a hole in that wallet, what better place to spend it than your local mall? These cavernous halls of commerce give us The Gaps, J-Crews, and Sunglass Huts we love so dearly. Ahhh, can you smell the Cinnabon?
But the recession has not been kind to American malls. And all those empty retail spaces are forcing some to re-shape their shopping experience. Here to fill us in on the repurposing of malls is New York Times reporter Stephanie Clifford.