Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Thu March 1, 2012
President Obama Talks Energy In Nashua
President Barack Obama was in New Hampshire today talking about energy. As New Hampshire Public Radio’s Josh Rogers reports, the president said the country needs to increase oil production while also investing in newer sources of energy.
Billed an official visit, at times the President’s stop had the feel of campaign rally. Mr. Obama told the crowd he knew NH’s "political bull detector" was sharp, and urged voters to be wary of election year promises.
"You know we can’t just drill our way to lower gas prices. There are no quick fixes or silver bullets to lower gas prices. If somebody tells you there are they are not telling you the truth."
Audience members were given fliers showing that the US’s dependence on foreign oil has dropped under the President watch. The same filer showed it also dropped, though less dramatically, under President George W. Bush.