Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Thu March 1, 2012
President Obama Talks Energy In Nashua
President Barack Obama was in New Hampshire today talking about energy. As New Hampshire Public Radio’s Josh Rogers reports, the president said the country needs to increase oil production while also investing in newer sources of energy.
Billed an official visit, at times the President’s stop had the feel of campaign rally. Mr. Obama told the crowd he knew NH’s "political bull detector" was sharp, and urged voters to be wary of election year promises.
"You know we can’t just drill our way to lower gas prices. There are no quick fixes or silver bullets to lower gas prices. If somebody tells you there are they are not telling you the truth."
Audience members were given fliers showing that the US’s dependence on foreign oil has dropped under the President watch. The same filer showed it also dropped, though less dramatically, under President George W. Bush.