Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Thu July 24, 2014
ProPublica: Federal Health Insurance Exchange Activity Remains High
The number of people signing up for health insurance through the Affordable Care Act was about 5 million on April 19, the end of the open-enrollment period.
Though media coverage of the numbers has faded since then, a new report by ProPublica shows there have been 1 million transactions since then — an unexpectedly high number.
- Charles Ornstein, senior reporter for ProPublica covering health care and the pharmaceutical industry. He tweets @charlesornstein.