Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Word of Mouth
Tue September 4, 2012
Protesting with Chalk
Sidewalk chalking, long a staple of street artists and hop-scotch players, has resulted in the arrests of 50 people in 17 American cities. Josh Harkinson is a staff writer for Mother Jones – he’s been following the arrests and the emergence of a popular new form of protest.
"The Chalking 8"— drew anti-cop slogans on the wall of the police station in Manchester, New Hampshire:
Alex Schaefer's Chalk Protest: