Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth
Tue September 4, 2012
Protesting with Chalk
Sidewalk chalking, long a staple of street artists and hop-scotch players, has resulted in the arrests of 50 people in 17 American cities. Josh Harkinson is a staff writer for Mother Jones – he’s been following the arrests and the emergence of a popular new form of protest.
"The Chalking 8"— drew anti-cop slogans on the wall of the police station in Manchester, New Hampshire:
Alex Schaefer's Chalk Protest: