Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Fri December 20, 2013
PSNH, Unitil Prep For Potential Ice Storm
The state’s largest electric utility says it’s preparing for a potential ice storm this weekend.
Public Service of New Hampshire has arranged for the deployment of an additional 250 line workers from sister companies NSTAR, Western Massachusetts Electric Company, and Connecticut Light and Power.
Also, an additional 300 tree workers will also be deployed to help clear downed trees and branches from roads if necessary.
PSNH says up to one-half inch of ice is expected in areas north of Concord Saturday evening into Sunday.
Unitil has also announced plans to increase staffing in preparation for the storm.