Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Wed January 18, 2012
We explore the economic philosophy of John Maynard Keynes. His ideas of government spending “priming the pump” during bad times have been applied by American leaders from FDR to Obama. But Keynsian theory continue to spark fierce debate – some feel it’s still the best way out of a slump – but others believe this distorts the free-market and that these ideas have run their course.
- Russ Roberts - Senior Scholar at the Mercatus Center, Economics professor at George Mason University and Co-creator of the popular Keynes v. Hayek rap videos.
- Jared Bernstein - Senior Fellow at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. He was a former White House economic advisor for the Obama administration and one of the architects of the stimulus.
Round 1 of the Rap video Kaynes vs. Hayek
Round 2 of the Rap video Kaynes vs. Hayek.