Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
Mon March 18, 2013
Raising Speed Limit On I-93: How North Country Reps Voted
North Country representatives were split on a bill that would raise the speed limit on parts of I-93 to 70 miles per hour.
Nine North Country reps voted for the increase and seven against. One was excused from voting. Party affiliation didn’t seem to matter.
North Country representatives voting in favor of the increase were:
* Gary Coulombe, Democrat, of Berlin
* Susan Ford, Democrat of Easton
* Edmond Gionet, Republican, of Lincoln.
* Linda Lauer, Democrat, of Bath
* Wayne Moynihan, Democrat of Dummer
* Larry Rappaport, Republican of Colebrook
* Leon Rideout, Republican, Lancaster.
* Herb Richardson, Republican, of Lancaster
* Robert Theberge, Democrat, of Berlin
North Country representatives voting against the increase were:
* Brad Bailey, Republican, of Monroe
* Ralph Doolan, Republican of Littleton
* Larry Enman, Democrat of Errol
*Marcia Hammon, Democrat, Whitefield
* Linda Massimilla, Democrat of Littleton
* Yvonne Thomas (Democrat) of Berlin
* Rebecca Brown, Democrat of Sugar Hill
Excused from voting:
* William Hatch (Democrat) of Gorham
To see how legislators voted on other bills go here.