Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Fri April 11, 2014
Rand Paul Kicks Off GOP Summit With Rally In Dover
Kentucky Senator Rand Paul rallied Republicans last night in Dover. The event kicked off what will be a busy weekend of politicking by high-profile members of the GOP.
In addition to Rand Paul, TX Senator Ted Cruz, and Utah Senator Mike Lee will take the stage at the Freedom Summit, an event organized by conservative groups Americans for Prosperity Foundation and Citizens United.
Last night in Dover, Rand Paul stressed the need for Republicans to broaden their appeal if they want to win in 2016. Paul says that means courting young people and minority voters.
Why are we losing the cities? Because we’re not getting the African American vote, we’re getting 3% of the vote in Detroit!
Paul also met privately with Seacoast business leaders and appeared at a house party North Hampton, also attended by Scott Brown. Later Saturday morning Texas Senator Ted Cruz will headline voter outreach events in Nashua and Manchester. Cruz and Paul are slated to take the stage at the freedom summit this afternoon. Meanwhile, morning speakers at the Summit include Kelly Ayotte and Donald Trump.