Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Around the Nation
Thu April 10, 2014
Rat Shakes Up New York Subway Commuters
Originally published on Thu April 10, 2014 7:54 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Maybe you remember that 2006 film Snakes on a Plane. Well, today we bring you rats on a train. New Yorkers pride themselves on being pretty tough. But one morning this week, commuters could not keep their cool when a rat joined them in their subway car. A YouTube video of the incident shows the riders screaming, sobbing, and jumping up onto their seats, just as the train conductor comes over the loudspeaker and tells them to have a safe day.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.