Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Wed October 30, 2013
Ray Burton To Be Honored At Opening Of New Scenic Overlook
A new scenic overlook will be opened Friday in the North Country and the plans include honoring Executive Councilor Ray Burton.
The new overlook and rest area is on Route 302 just across from the Mount Washington Hotel.
It cost about $1.4 million and replaces a much smaller pull-off on the other side of the road.
The old area had room for five cars or two buses which state highway officials say caused traffic problems and raised safety concerns. The new area has room for 22 cars and six buses.
Part of the opening ceremony will include honoring Executive Council Ray Burton who has represented the North Country for more than four decades.
On Sunday Burton announced he won’t run for re-election next year because his kidney cancer has returned.
The event is expected to attract the state’s top office holders.