Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Mon April 2, 2012
Reexamining New Hampshire’s “Stand Your Ground” Law.
The Granite State recently joined the growing ranks of states that have adopted this approach to self defense, which allows the use of deadly force anywhere a person has a right to be. But it has come under national scrutiny following the shooting death of a Florida teenager. We’ll explore the issues surrounding this law with its supporters and critics.
- Rep. David Welch – Republican State Representative from Kingston and member of the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee.
- Sen. Matthew Houde – Democratic State Senator from Meriden and a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
- Sergio Bustos– State and Politics Editor for the Miami Herald.
- Richard Crate– Enfield Chief of Police.
- Richard Feldman– Former lobbyist, regional political director of the NRA, and author of “RICOCHET, Confessions of a Gun Lobbyist.”