Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Mon April 2, 2012
Reexamining New Hampshire’s “Stand Your Ground” Law.
The Granite State recently joined the growing ranks of states that have adopted this approach to self defense, which allows the use of deadly force anywhere a person has a right to be. But it has come under national scrutiny following the shooting death of a Florida teenager. We’ll explore the issues surrounding this law with its supporters and critics.
- Rep. David Welch – Republican State Representative from Kingston and member of the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee.
- Sen. Matthew Houde – Democratic State Senator from Meriden and a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
- Sergio Bustos– State and Politics Editor for the Miami Herald.
- Richard Crate– Enfield Chief of Police.
- Richard Feldman– Former lobbyist, regional political director of the NRA, and author of “RICOCHET, Confessions of a Gun Lobbyist.”