Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Around the Nation
Wed January 29, 2014
Rep. Michael Grimm Threatens Reporter
Originally published on Wed January 29, 2014 12:49 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
Congressman Michael Grimm explains he was annoyed. He went on live TV to comment on the State of the Union speech. At the end, the reporters started to ask about a problem with one of Grimm's campaign contributors. Grimm stormed off. The camera was still on when he returned and said: I'll break you in half. Later, Grimm called the reporter disrespectful. Then again, I'd never heard of his campaign trouble until he so dramatically declined to address it.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.