Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Around the Nation
Wed January 29, 2014
Rep. Michael Grimm Threatens Reporter
Originally published on Wed January 29, 2014 12:49 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
Congressman Michael Grimm explains he was annoyed. He went on live TV to comment on the State of the Union speech. At the end, the reporters started to ask about a problem with one of Grimm's campaign contributors. Grimm stormed off. The camera was still on when he returned and said: I'll break you in half. Later, Grimm called the reporter disrespectful. Then again, I'd never heard of his campaign trouble until he so dramatically declined to address it.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.