Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Wed March 26, 2014
Report: Rockingham County N.H.'s Healthiest; Coos At Bottom Of List
A new report once again ranks Rockingham County as New Hampshire's healthiest, while Coos County remains at the bottom of the list.
The report released Wednesday by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation rates counties in two categories — health outcomes and health factors. The health outcome category refers to how healthy people feel and how long they live, while the health factors category estimates the future health of counties based on peoples' behavior, the available health care, a county's physical environment and socio-economic factors.
The same two counties — Rockingham and Coos — are at the top and bottom of both lists, but the other counties hold different spots depending on the category. Merrimack County, for example, ranks fourth in health outcomes but second in health factors.
All Things Considered