Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Mon July 14, 2014
Reporters Weigh In On Illinois Issues
Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson is broadcasting from WILL in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, and he’s taking a look at some of the issues facing this Midwestern state with two journalists who work there. Jim Meadows is a senior reporter at WILL, and Niala Boodhoo is the afternoon host at WBEZ in Chicago.
Illinois is grappling with budget problems. The fiscal year ended last month with 46,000 unpaid bills, while Chicago, the state’s largest city, has seen some very violent weekends this summer. Sixteen people were killed and more than 80 people were wounded on the Fourth of July weekend alone.
On Sunday, Illinois’ Democratic governor Pat Quinn renewed his call for a ban assault weapons and expand background checks.
- Jim Meadows, senior reporter at WILL in Urbana, Illinois.
- Niala Boodhoo, afternoon host at WBEZ in Chicago. She tweets @NialaBoodhoo.