Most Active Stories
- Nor'Easter Leaves Thousands Of Granite Staters Without Power, Likely For Days
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- Hassan: Granite Staters Should Prepare For 'Days-Long' Outages
Tue November 12, 2013
Republican Karen Testerman Makes 2014 U.S. Senate Bid Official
Conservative activist and radio talk show host Karen Testerman announced her bid for U.S. Senate Tuesday night.
Testerman wants to unseat Democrat Jeanne Shaheen, who is running for reelection next year.
In a speech before a group of supporters in Manchester, Testerman pledged to join with Republicans like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz in the fight to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
“We are sitting right there, making that final decision: Are we going to be run by government? Is government going to supply everything? Are we going to be enslaved by them? Or are we going to be the dream of our founding fathers?”
Testerman founded Cornerstone Policy Research in 2000, and has been an outspoken social conservative in the Granite State.
She’s anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage.
She has not held elected office, but made a run for governor in 2010.
Testerman will face two other Republicans in the primary: former state Senator Jim Rubens and Andy Martin.