Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Thu November 15, 2012
Republicans Caucus Over N.H. House Leader
Cast into the minority by the election, New Hampshire's Republicans representatives are caucusing to pick a leader.
The private caucuses Thursday are to nominate a speaker candidate, but Democrats now hold a majority of the seats in the House and if they stick together their nominee will be elected speaker when the Legislature organizes Dec. 5.
The leading GOP candidates are former House Speaker Gene Chandler of Bartlett and Deputy House Speaker Pamela Tucker of Greenland.
House Democrats caucus on Saturday.