Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Thu November 15, 2012
Republicans Caucus Over N.H. House Leader
Cast into the minority by the election, New Hampshire's Republicans representatives are caucusing to pick a leader.
The private caucuses Thursday are to nominate a speaker candidate, but Democrats now hold a majority of the seats in the House and if they stick together their nominee will be elected speaker when the Legislature organizes Dec. 5.
The leading GOP candidates are former House Speaker Gene Chandler of Bartlett and Deputy House Speaker Pamela Tucker of Greenland.
House Democrats caucus on Saturday.