Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- The Polish Princess: Baking Bread And Helping The Economy One Job At a Time
Thu December 5, 2013
Reviewers On Amazon Poke Fun At $40,000 TV
Originally published on Thu December 5, 2013 4:05 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
Samsung is selling an HD television for $40,000. That price tag prompted the following customer reviews on Amazon.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
I was going to send my kids to college, but I had to do what was best for my family.
INSKEEP: Glad it has low energy costs, as I'm on a very tight budget.
MONTAGNE: I hesitated to buy, but I saw double-A batteries were free with the remote.
INSKEEP: I am coming back from the future to write this review, and to say the TV will cost 699 in two years.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.