Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Fri July 4, 2014
Revisiting The American Revolution: Nathaniel Philbrick's "Bunker Hill"
In a new book, acclaimed historian Nathaniel Philbrick offers the untold back-story to this battle, which he calls the tipping point of the American Revolution. He introduces us to little-known but vitally important characters in this drama, who did much of the heavy lifting of the Revolution in Boston, while the founding fathers were far from the scene, in Philadelphia.
- Nathaniel Philbrick - Award-winning author and historian. His works include In the Heart of the Sea, Mayflower and The Last Stand. His latest book, Bunker Hill: A City, a Siege, a Revolution, was released in April.
Read the first chapter of "Bunker Hill" here.
Watch Nathaniel Philbrick's lecture on Bunker Hill at the Boston Athenaeum.
Word of Mouth