Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Around the Nation
Tue April 29, 2014
Richard Gere Plays Homeless Man Convincingly
Originally published on Tue April 29, 2014 12:52 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Here's a story that might get Richard Gere some Oscar buzz. He plays a homeless man in an upcoming movie so convincingly that he fooled a French tourist in New York. Karim Gumbo(ph) saw a straggly man digging through trash near Grand Central Station. She offered him some pizza. The 64-year-old actor accepted. Gumbo didn't realize who it was until a few days later when she saw a photo in the newspaper of her with Richard Gere, whom she described as, quote, very handsome even at his age.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.