Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Thu April 12, 2012
Richard Herman & The Economic Argument For Immigration
We talk with author and lawyer Richard Herman, who says immigrants are a resource for innovation and global competitiveness. He says they're behind some of our most successful companies like Google and eBay and we need to find ways, according to Herman, to encourage more entrepreneurship like this through changing laws and dousing the often inflammatory debate over immigration.
Richard Herman: Immigration lawyer co-author of the book Immigrant, Inc. --- Why Immigrant Entrepreneurs Are Driving the New Economy (and how they will save the American worker). He is also the founder of Richard T. Herman & Associates, an immigration and business law firm in Cleveland, Ohio.
He will be speaking at 'New Hampshire's 1st Immigrant Integration Conference: Weaving Cultures, Building Communities' on Saturday at St. Anselm college.