Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Thu April 12, 2012
Richard Herman & The Economic Argument For Immigration
We talk with author and lawyer Richard Herman, who says immigrants are a resource for innovation and global competitiveness. He says they're behind some of our most successful companies like Google and eBay and we need to find ways, according to Herman, to encourage more entrepreneurship like this through changing laws and dousing the often inflammatory debate over immigration.
Richard Herman: Immigration lawyer co-author of the book Immigrant, Inc. --- Why Immigrant Entrepreneurs Are Driving the New Economy (and how they will save the American worker). He is also the founder of Richard T. Herman & Associates, an immigration and business law firm in Cleveland, Ohio.
He will be speaking at 'New Hampshire's 1st Immigrant Integration Conference: Weaving Cultures, Building Communities' on Saturday at St. Anselm college.