Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Mon December 31, 2012
Ringing In The New Year Across New Hampshire
New Hampshire communities are preparing to usher in the New Year with fireworks, parades and other First Night festivities.
Portsmouth and Wolfeboro will both offer indoor and outdoor activities and entertainment.
Portsmouth's fireworks display takes place Monday at 7:30 p.m. at South Mill Pond.
Wolfeboro will have two fireworks displays, one at 5:30 p.m. and another at midnight.
In Portsmouth, ice sculpting gets under way at about 1 p.m. at Market Square.
In Wolfeboro, children's entertainment and face painting kick off the activities at 2 p.m.
Revelers in both communities must buy buttons to participate in most of the activities