Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Tue September 24, 2013
Risk Level Raised After Ossipee Horse Tests Positive For E.E.E.
Public health officials say a horse from Ossipee has tested positive for eastern equine encephalitis. A horse in Derry tested positive for the mosquito-borne disease last week. The most recent finding raises the risk level for the town of Ossipee from "remote" to "high." The surrounding towns of Tamworth, Madison, Freedom, Effingham, Wakefield, Brookfield, Wolfeboro, Tuftonborough and Moultonborough will increase to a "moderate" risk level.