Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Tue September 24, 2013
Risk Level Raised After Ossipee Horse Tests Positive For E.E.E.
Public health officials say a horse from Ossipee has tested positive for eastern equine encephalitis. A horse in Derry tested positive for the mosquito-borne disease last week. The most recent finding raises the risk level for the town of Ossipee from "remote" to "high." The surrounding towns of Tamworth, Madison, Freedom, Effingham, Wakefield, Brookfield, Wolfeboro, Tuftonborough and Moultonborough will increase to a "moderate" risk level.