Most Active Stories
- The Man Who Turned Life Into Magic
- Garnet Hill's Dilemma: Could Moving Jobs From North Country Lead To More N.H. Jobs Overall?
- Construction of Balsams Could Begin In June, But There Is A $28 Million Catch
- House Committee Hears Circumcision Bill
- Last Living Shakers Authorize N.H. Craftsman To Produce Iconic Chair
Word of Mouth
Tue July 31, 2012
Robot Cameras Help Carry the Load at the Olympics
While the world’s top athletes compete at the London 2012 Olympics, hundreds of photographers are contending to capture the game’s defining moments on camera. To maximize its odds of snapping a winning pic, Reuters is getting some help, from robots. The new shutter-bots will be stationed at Table Tennis, Boxing, Taekwondo, Judo, Fencing, Weight Lifting, and at the main Olympic Park for some of the big events. Word of Mouth Producer Taylor Quimby caught up with Patrick Cain, a freelance reporter for the Raw File Blog on Wired, who’s covering the story.