Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
- Northern Pass Gives $3 Million To Conservation Projects
Mon October 24, 2011
Romney Files For Primary, Snags Sununu Endorsement
Romney says he expects primary to intensify but says focus should be on President Obama. NHPR's Josh Rogers reports.
Mitt Romney was flanked by top local supporters as he signed the paperwork necessary to compete in NH.
"I am happy to put my name on this paper, hoping that this time it will take, and I’ll be able to become the nominee of our party and hopefully the next president of the United States."
"Go Mitt Go."
Romney also named Former NH Governor and former White House chief of staff John H. Sununu chairman of his national steering committee. Sununu was courted by several candidates. He says Romney’s performance in debates, and his call to increase military spending help secure his support.