Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Sat May 12, 2012
Romney Treads Lightly In Speech To Liberty Grads
Originally published on Sat May 12, 2012 6:05 pm
Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney struggled to attract the support of evangelical voters during the Republican primary season. On Saturday, he traveled to an evangelical citadel: Liberty University, founded by the late Jerry Falwell. In delivering the school's commencement address, Romney largely stayed clear of politics — with the exception of his biggest applause line. Weekends on All Things Considered host Guy Raz talks with NPR's Ari Shapiro.