Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Word of Mouth
Mon November 19, 2012
The Run Free Marathon: Victory Without the Sweat
Running a marathon is a serious commitment, which is likely why those training for one may talk about little else. If you aren’t an avid runner, odds are you’ve seen pictures of friends or family running them; Twitter and Facebook feeds are commonly scattered with captions broadcasting personal best times and training tips.
If all that makes you feel left out, don’t fret. Our next guest is looking to capture the glory and drama of a marathon without all the sweat, shinsplints, and pulled hammies. Kyle Scheele, is an internet humorist and director of ridiculo.us, and is behind a Kickstarter project that can best be described as part fake marathon, part online experiment. It's called the "Run Free Marathon".
Here's a video from her Kickstarter website: