Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Word of Mouth
Mon November 19, 2012
The Run Free Marathon: Victory Without the Sweat
Running a marathon is a serious commitment, which is likely why those training for one may talk about little else. If you aren’t an avid runner, odds are you’ve seen pictures of friends or family running them; Twitter and Facebook feeds are commonly scattered with captions broadcasting personal best times and training tips.
If all that makes you feel left out, don’t fret. Our next guest is looking to capture the glory and drama of a marathon without all the sweat, shinsplints, and pulled hammies. Kyle Scheele, is an internet humorist and director of ridiculo.us, and is behind a Kickstarter project that can best be described as part fake marathon, part online experiment. It's called the "Run Free Marathon".
Here's a video from her Kickstarter website: