Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Mon August 19, 2013
Salem's Chuck Morse Looks To Take Helm Of State Senate
Senator Chuck Morse appears to be the front-runner to replace Peter Bragdon as the president of the state Senate.
The Salem Republican and chair of the Senate Finance Committee says he plans to pursue the seat.
And he has already received endorsements from Republican colleague Jeb Bradley and former governor John H. Sununu.
In a statement, Sununu praised Morse’s knowledge of state government and the budget process.
Bragdon said last week he was stepping down from the post, after taking over as head of the Local Government Center.
The Milford Republican will stay on as a Senator.
He says he plans on calling a special session of the Senate to elect its new leader shortly after Labor Day.