Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Fri August 3, 2012
Same News, Different Spins: Check These Headlines About The Jobs Report
Our headline all day has been "163,000 Jobs Added In July; Unemployment Rate Rose To 8.3 Percent."
But as is often the case, some other news outlets like to add a little bit of interpretation to their headlines:
-- Fox News says "Wrong-Way Growth: Jobless Jumps
In July as New Hiring Remains Slow."
-- NBC News writes "US economy's job engine revved up in July."
More balanced, perhaps, is Reuters' "Job growth steps up, but jobless rate rises."