Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
- From Gertrude Stein To Andy Warhol: Dramatic Readings Of Famous Rejection Letters
Fri August 3, 2012
Same News, Different Spins: Check These Headlines About The Jobs Report
Our headline all day has been "163,000 Jobs Added In July; Unemployment Rate Rose To 8.3 Percent."
But as is often the case, some other news outlets like to add a little bit of interpretation to their headlines:
-- Fox News says "Wrong-Way Growth: Jobless Jumps
In July as New Hiring Remains Slow."
-- NBC News writes "US economy's job engine revved up in July."
More balanced, perhaps, is Reuters' "Job growth steps up, but jobless rate rises."