Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Spring Skiing In Tuckerman Is Best It's Been In Decades
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Fri August 3, 2012
Same News, Different Spins: Check These Headlines About The Jobs Report
Our headline all day has been "163,000 Jobs Added In July; Unemployment Rate Rose To 8.3 Percent."
But as is often the case, some other news outlets like to add a little bit of interpretation to their headlines:
-- Fox News says "Wrong-Way Growth: Jobless Jumps
In July as New Hiring Remains Slow."
-- NBC News writes "US economy's job engine revved up in July."
More balanced, perhaps, is Reuters' "Job growth steps up, but jobless rate rises."