Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Fri August 3, 2012
Same News, Different Spins: Check These Headlines About The Jobs Report
Our headline all day has been "163,000 Jobs Added In July; Unemployment Rate Rose To 8.3 Percent."
But as is often the case, some other news outlets like to add a little bit of interpretation to their headlines:
-- Fox News says "Wrong-Way Growth: Jobless Jumps
In July as New Hiring Remains Slow."
-- NBC News writes "US economy's job engine revved up in July."
More balanced, perhaps, is Reuters' "Job growth steps up, but jobless rate rises."