Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Fri August 3, 2012
Same News, Different Spins: Check These Headlines About The Jobs Report
Our headline all day has been "163,000 Jobs Added In July; Unemployment Rate Rose To 8.3 Percent."
But as is often the case, some other news outlets like to add a little bit of interpretation to their headlines:
-- Fox News says "Wrong-Way Growth: Jobless Jumps
In July as New Hiring Remains Slow."
-- NBC News writes "US economy's job engine revved up in July."
More balanced, perhaps, is Reuters' "Job growth steps up, but jobless rate rises."