Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Wed June 13, 2012
The Savings Dilemma
When the recession began, Americans started pinching their pennies and repaying debt, causing some to speculate that consumers might permanently abandon their free-spending ways. But now, Americans are again loosening their purse-strings. We’ll look at how and why our saving habits change and how these variations affect the larger economy.
- Nevin Adams – Director of the American Savings Education Council, whose mission is to make saving and retirement planning a priority for all Americans
- Amy Schmidt – Associate Professor of Economics at Saint Anselm College