Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed June 4, 2014
Scott Brown Files Candidacy And Resigns From Florida Company
As he filed for office, Scott Brown said he was focused on the issues that matter.
“And what matters right now is making sure that people are getting a good value for their dollars and they are not paying an exorbitant amount of many for their health care, and their medical care, obviously, and their energy prices.”
The press, however, questioned Brown repeatedly about his ties to a Florida company, Global Digital Solutions, which says it’s in the firearms business but according to the Boston Globe has “no revenue, no patents, no trademarks, no manufacturing facilities, and no experience developing weapons.”
The company awarded Brown 1.3 million dollars worth of stock options exchange for advice. Brown declined to characterize this advice, nor would he say if he planned to continue his relationship to the company during the campaign.
“Yeah, I’ll make any decisions known when the time is appropriate.”
About 90 minutes later, Brown resigned from the company and relinquished his stock options. In a statement Brown called his continued role at Global Digital Solutions a “ unnecessary and unwanted distraction.”