Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
Sun May 5, 2013
Scott Brown Speaks At Charity Gala
Former Massachusetts senator Scott Brown spoke at a charity event in Nashua.
Brown appeared as the keynote speaker at a gala held by the Child Advocacy Center of Hillsborough County.
The organization provides support for sexually abused children in New Hampshire.
Kristie Palestino is the Executive Director of the Granite State Children's Alliance and says the ball is a critical source of income for the group:
"This is our seventh annual gala. This is a fundraiser that raises 40% of our budget. This is a huge, huge piece of our budget. It's become incredibly popular."
In his speech, Brown addressed his own experiences with childhood abuse:
"People have asked me 'Why here? Why this group?' And the answer is because I was the kind of kid this group tries to help. And you have a very real mission."
In April, Brown told the Associated Press that he wouldn't rule out running against Senator Jeanne Shaheen in 2014. Brown lost to Elizabeth Warren in last year's elections.
The former senator was last in New Hampshire in late April to speak at a Republican Committee luncheon in Hanover.