Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Sat February 9, 2013
SeaCare Health Services Help the Uninsured in NH
Dana Trahan was uninsured when she started to lose her vision, but did not realize that this was the result of a brain tumor. SeaCare Health Services helped her get the care and treatment she needed – quickly.
Dana: I would be watching my son’s baseball games and I really felt as if I needed to keep blinking my eyes to get focused on him, so I thought it made sense to have my eyes checked. Knowing that I didn’t have the health insurance, it was important to me to figure out a way to make this an affordable experience, and that brought me to SeaCare.
Thankfully I was able to quickly get myself to an ophthalmologist, but at the very initial part of the exam he noticed that there was swelling in my brain. He prescribed me a steroid to prepare me for what ended up being surgery. I had an appointment with a neurosurgeon, and I had my surgery not even a week later on Tuesday morning. SeaCare was helpful giving me advice as to if I needed long term healthcare what might be some steps that I could take. I was able to be approved for Medicaid, thankfully because I very quickly had surgery and many medical expenses.