Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Mon May 13, 2013
Sen. Ayotte Continues Push For Benghazi Investigation
U.S. Senator Kelly Ayotte continued her calls this weekend for a full-scale investigation of the attacks on a U.S. compound in Benghazi.
Appearing Sunday morning on CBS’s Face the Nation, Ayotte denied accusations by Democrats that demands by Republicans for more information about Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s role are politically motivated.
"There's been serious questions raised about individuals within her chain of command with respect to the talking points and what happened afterward. So I think those are fair questions, when we have obviously four Americans murdered, to have an ambassador murdered. This is about getting to the bottom of the truth, not about what happens in 2016."
She says a select Congressional committee should be formed to investigate the attacks and call witnesses forward.