Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Tue November 27, 2012
Sen. Rudman's Memorial Service Set
A memorial service is being held in Washington, D.C., for U.S. Sen. Warren Rudman of New Hampshire who died last week.
Rudman spokesman Bob Stevenson said the Thursday tribute will be held in the Kennedy Caucus Room in the Russell Senate Office Building from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Retired U.S. Supreme Court Justice David Souter of New Hampshire will speak. Other speakers include Arizona Sen. John McCain, former Maine Sen. William Cohen and Nevada Sen. Harry Reid.
Stevenson said Rudman, who died Nov. 19 at age 82, will be interred at Arlington National Cemetery at a later date.
He said another public tribute will be held in New Hampshire sometime in January.