Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Wed November 13, 2013
Sen. Shaheen Introduces Bill To Extend Health Care Deadline By Two Months
Democratic New Hampshire Sen. Jeanne Shaheen has introduced a measure that would give people at least a two-month extension to make up for time lost to website glitches to sign up for health insurance plans under the new federal health care overhaul law.
The open-enrollment period current ends March 31, 2014.
The measure also would give the Health and Human Services Secretary flexibility to further extend enrollment if Healthcare.gov isn't fully functional as of Dec 1.
Co-sponsoring the measure are Sens. Mark Udall, D-Colo., Mary Landrieu D-La., Jeff Merkley, D-Ore., and Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.