Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed November 13, 2013
Sen. Shaheen Introduces Bill To Extend Health Care Deadline By Two Months
Democratic New Hampshire Sen. Jeanne Shaheen has introduced a measure that would give people at least a two-month extension to make up for time lost to website glitches to sign up for health insurance plans under the new federal health care overhaul law.
The open-enrollment period current ends March 31, 2014.
The measure also would give the Health and Human Services Secretary flexibility to further extend enrollment if Healthcare.gov isn't fully functional as of Dec 1.
Co-sponsoring the measure are Sens. Mark Udall, D-Colo., Mary Landrieu D-La., Jeff Merkley, D-Ore., and Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.