Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Thu September 19, 2013
Senate Committee OKs Judicial Nomination For U.S. District Court
The U.S. Senate’s Judiciary Committee has unanimously approved the nomination of Judge Landya McCafferty to serve as federal District Court judge for New Hampshire.
If approved, McCafferty would be the first woman to serve in the position.
President Obama nominated McCafferty in May to fill the vacancy.
Senator Kelly Ayotte applauded the committee’s vote, calling McCafferty well-respected and well-qualified to serve on the federal bench.
She encouraged Senate leadership to move quickly to bring the nomination to a final vote.