Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Thu September 19, 2013
Senate Committee OKs Judicial Nomination For U.S. District Court
The U.S. Senate’s Judiciary Committee has unanimously approved the nomination of Judge Landya McCafferty to serve as federal District Court judge for New Hampshire.
If approved, McCafferty would be the first woman to serve in the position.
President Obama nominated McCafferty in May to fill the vacancy.
Senator Kelly Ayotte applauded the committee’s vote, calling McCafferty well-respected and well-qualified to serve on the federal bench.
She encouraged Senate leadership to move quickly to bring the nomination to a final vote.