Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
- Wind Farm Owner OK With Expanding Ski Slopes At Balsams If Safety Isn't An Issue
Thu September 19, 2013
Senate Committee OKs Judicial Nomination For U.S. District Court
The U.S. Senate’s Judiciary Committee has unanimously approved the nomination of Judge Landya McCafferty to serve as federal District Court judge for New Hampshire.
If approved, McCafferty would be the first woman to serve in the position.
President Obama nominated McCafferty in May to fill the vacancy.
Senator Kelly Ayotte applauded the committee’s vote, calling McCafferty well-respected and well-qualified to serve on the federal bench.
She encouraged Senate leadership to move quickly to bring the nomination to a final vote.