Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Mon August 19, 2013
Senator Ayotte Calls For Cutting Off Aid To Egypt
Senator Kelly Ayotte has changed her views on sending aid to Egypt following continued, bloody crackdowns on Muslim Brotherhood supporters. Speaking Sunday morning on Meet The Press, New Hampshire’s Republican Senator said President Obama isn’t doing enough to stem military violence against civilians.
“They’re obviously getting the impression that no matter what they do, our aid will continue," Ayotte said. "So we do need to exercise our influence by saying we’re going to follow the law, particularly in light of your recent violent crackdowns, suspend aid, until you restore democracy. Until you move to an inclusive process.”
Ayotte also said the “best way to marginalize the Muslim Brotherhood is in the ballot box.”
Late last week, President Obama condemned violence on both sides, but stopped short of saying he would cut U.S. aid to the military. He did, however, cancel a joint military exercise planned for next month.