Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Fri June 28, 2013
Sens. Ayotte, Shaheen Vote For Immigration Reform Bill
New Hampshire’s Senators were among 68 who voted Thursday for a comprehensive immigration reform bill.
In statements released following the vote, Senators Kelly Ayotte and Jeanne Shaheen both said the legislation is an opportunity to address a critical issue facing the nation.
In her statement, Ayotte said the bill will “finally secure our borders and fix our broken immigration system.”
And Shaheen called it commonsense legislation that will put millions of undocumented immigrants living in the country on a path toward citizenship.
The bill now moves to the House of Representatives.