Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Fri June 28, 2013
Sens. Ayotte, Shaheen Vote For Immigration Reform Bill
New Hampshire’s Senators were among 68 who voted Thursday for a comprehensive immigration reform bill.
In statements released following the vote, Senators Kelly Ayotte and Jeanne Shaheen both said the legislation is an opportunity to address a critical issue facing the nation.
In her statement, Ayotte said the bill will “finally secure our borders and fix our broken immigration system.”
And Shaheen called it commonsense legislation that will put millions of undocumented immigrants living in the country on a path toward citizenship.
The bill now moves to the House of Representatives.