Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Fri June 28, 2013
Sens. Ayotte, Shaheen Vote For Immigration Reform Bill
New Hampshire’s Senators were among 68 who voted Thursday for a comprehensive immigration reform bill.
In statements released following the vote, Senators Kelly Ayotte and Jeanne Shaheen both said the legislation is an opportunity to address a critical issue facing the nation.
In her statement, Ayotte said the bill will “finally secure our borders and fix our broken immigration system.”
And Shaheen called it commonsense legislation that will put millions of undocumented immigrants living in the country on a path toward citizenship.
The bill now moves to the House of Representatives.