Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Fri June 28, 2013
Sens. Ayotte, Shaheen Vote For Immigration Reform Bill
New Hampshire’s Senators were among 68 who voted Thursday for a comprehensive immigration reform bill.
In statements released following the vote, Senators Kelly Ayotte and Jeanne Shaheen both said the legislation is an opportunity to address a critical issue facing the nation.
In her statement, Ayotte said the bill will “finally secure our borders and fix our broken immigration system.”
And Shaheen called it commonsense legislation that will put millions of undocumented immigrants living in the country on a path toward citizenship.
The bill now moves to the House of Representatives.