Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Meet Peter Biello, NHPR's New 'All Things Considered' Host
Queen City Crime
Tue July 16, 2013
Serious Offenses: Part 1 Crimes In Manchester
Part 1, also referred to as "index crimes," is a category of eight crimes laid out by the Federal Bureau of Investigation as serious crimes likely to be reported. What sets Part 1 crimes apart, in particular, is the way they are tracked: Part 1 crimes are tracked based on how often they are reported, whereas Part 2 crimes - comprising just about all other crimes, such as drug offenses, white collar crime, and nuisance crimes like public drunkenness - are tracked based on arrests made.
As part of our series Queen City Crime, the graphic below charts out the occurrences of each index crime in the city of Manchester over the last five years.