Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Wed October 30, 2013
Shaheen Continues Push For Health Law Enrollment Extension
Senator Jeanne Shaheen continues to press the Obama administration to extend the enrollment period for those looking to buy coverage through the new health law. In an op-ed in USA Today, Shaheen says consumers shouldn’t be penalized by a failed website roll-0ut.
"The Healthcare.gov launch was a disaster," writes Shaheen. "For the past month, problems with the website have made signing up difficult, if not impossible, for millions of people. Yet the enrollment clock keeps ticking."
Shaheen and nine other Democratic senators sent a letter to the White House last week calling for an extension of the March 31 enrollment deadline. Individuals without coverage past that date may face a penalty under the Affordable Care Act.