Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Tue June 24, 2014
Shaheen Releases Tax Returns In U.S. Senate Race
U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen has released eight years of tax returns showing she and her husband earned an average of more than $474,000 per year.
The joint returns released Tuesday show Jeanne and William Shaheen paid an average effective tax rate of 23.2 percent from 2006 through 2013. William Shaheen founded the Shaheen & Gordon law firm.
The most the couple earned was $676,642 in 2012; the least was $186,787 in 2010.
They donated between 1.9 and 7 percent of their income to charity.
One of her possible opponents in November, former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown, released his tax returns last week. The returns showed he and his wife averaged about $455,000 in income over the eight years and paid an average tax rate of 23.6 percent.