Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Fri September 27, 2013
Shaheen Seeks Visa Extensions For Iraqi Interpreters
Iraqis who risked their lives to serve as interpreters for the U.S. military during the Iraq war would get some help under a bill introduced by Sen. Jeanne Shaheen.
Shaheen introduced bipartisan legislation Wednesday with Sens. John McCain of Arizona, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Patrick Leahy of Vermont that would extend a special immigrant visa program for the interpreters.
The program is set to expire Sept. 30, but the proposed legislation would extend it for a year.