Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Fri September 27, 2013
Shaheen Seeks Visa Extensions For Iraqi Interpreters
Iraqis who risked their lives to serve as interpreters for the U.S. military during the Iraq war would get some help under a bill introduced by Sen. Jeanne Shaheen.
Shaheen introduced bipartisan legislation Wednesday with Sens. John McCain of Arizona, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Patrick Leahy of Vermont that would extend a special immigrant visa program for the interpreters.
The program is set to expire Sept. 30, but the proposed legislation would extend it for a year.