Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Spring Skiing In Tuckerman Is Best It's Been In Decades
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Fri September 27, 2013
Shaheen Seeks Visa Extensions For Iraqi Interpreters
Iraqis who risked their lives to serve as interpreters for the U.S. military during the Iraq war would get some help under a bill introduced by Sen. Jeanne Shaheen.
Shaheen introduced bipartisan legislation Wednesday with Sens. John McCain of Arizona, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Patrick Leahy of Vermont that would extend a special immigrant visa program for the interpreters.
The program is set to expire Sept. 30, but the proposed legislation would extend it for a year.