Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Fri September 27, 2013
Shaheen Seeks Visa Extensions For Iraqi Interpreters
Iraqis who risked their lives to serve as interpreters for the U.S. military during the Iraq war would get some help under a bill introduced by Sen. Jeanne Shaheen.
Shaheen introduced bipartisan legislation Wednesday with Sens. John McCain of Arizona, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Patrick Leahy of Vermont that would extend a special immigrant visa program for the interpreters.
The program is set to expire Sept. 30, but the proposed legislation would extend it for a year.