Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
Wed February 19, 2014
Shea-Porter, Ayotte and Shaheen Request Federal Railroad Inspections On Seacoast
Residents of Newington, Greenland, Stratham and Portsmouth say they are concerned about an application by the company Sea-3 Inc. to increase transit of liquid petroleum over local industrial railroad tracks. The residents fear potential derailment of cars containing the highly flammable material.
So on Wednesday, New Hampshire’s two senators and Shea-Porter sent a letter to the Federal Railroad Administration requesting the Administration conduct an inspection of the tracks, and quickly hold a public forum on the matter.
In the letter they write, “the safety of these tracks is of paramount importance,” noting that flawed tracks are the leading cause of derailments.