Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Wed February 19, 2014
Shea-Porter, Ayotte and Shaheen Request Federal Railroad Inspections On Seacoast
Residents of Newington, Greenland, Stratham and Portsmouth say they are concerned about an application by the company Sea-3 Inc. to increase transit of liquid petroleum over local industrial railroad tracks. The residents fear potential derailment of cars containing the highly flammable material.
So on Wednesday, New Hampshire’s two senators and Shea-Porter sent a letter to the Federal Railroad Administration requesting the Administration conduct an inspection of the tracks, and quickly hold a public forum on the matter.
In the letter they write, “the safety of these tracks is of paramount importance,” noting that flawed tracks are the leading cause of derailments.