Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Fri October 11, 2013
Shoe Company Cole Haan Moving To New Hampshire
Leather shoes and accessories manufacturer Cole Haan is moving its headquarters from Maine to New Hampshire.
Officials said on Friday that the headquarters will relocate from Scarborough, Maine to Greenland, N.H., where its customer service and distribution center is located.
Karen Martin, executive director of the Scarborough Economic Development Corp., tells the Portland Press Herald that about 110 people work at headquarters.
The company didn't disclose when it plans to relocate or how many employees would be affected.
Cole Haan was sold to private equity firm Apax Partners for $570 million in February.
The company traces its roots to Chicago in 1928. Its current incarnation as a purveyor of men's and women's leather shoes and bags based in Maine began in 1975.