Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Mon June 18, 2012
Simpson Wins U.S. Open, His First Major Title
Originally published on Mon June 18, 2012 7:49 am
Webb Simpson saved par on the hilly 18th hole with a chip from the rough to about 4 feet, closing with a 2-under 68 to hold off Graeme McDowell and Michael Thompson in a foggy final round at The Olympic Club on Sunday. Simpson finished at 1-over 281. Linda Wertheimer talks to USA Today sports columnist Christine Brennan.