Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed June 6, 2012
Six More People Infected With Hepatitis C
Six more patients at the Exeter Hospital have been infected with hepatitis C, bringing the total to 10.
The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services said Wednesday that it now wants to test more patients. The results are from tests given to patients who have been treated at the hospital's cardiac catheterization lab since August. Now the hospital is asking patents who received care in the lab and its recovery room between April 2011 and May 25 of this year.
The lab was closed May 25 after four patients who had been treated there were all diagnosed with the liver-destroying virus. The hospital had asked 651 other people who've been treated at the lab since August to get tested..